[Bioperl-l] branching for 1.6

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 16 23:44:32 UTC 2008

All,

I'll probably start a branch for the 1.6 release series late Thur-
Friday, depending on some pending bug fixes.  I'll be following the
general pattern for a release branch; for those interested:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.commonpatterns.html

This is primarily so we can merge changes back and forth between trunk
and the 1.6 branch as needed.

Once we're ready for an actual release I'll tag any RC's and point
releases from branch-1.6.  If all goes well I'll tag the RC on
Monday.  In the meantime, I'll be updating the DEPENDENCIES, INSTALL,
and other files and work on incorporating any last-minute bug fixes.

As for the actual 1.6 release, it will probably be very early January
depending on how the RC goes.  I'll be off-grid from Dec. 26-31
somewhere in Texas (won't have computer access) but I'll check up on
email.

Cheers!