[Bioperl-l] Windows, Perl, and BioPerl

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:55:01 UTC 2008

That and the fact that it appears to be Strawberry Perl that will be
on the machines.  Strawberry Perl is a completely free implementation
of perl for Windows (as opposed to ActiveState perl, which is only
free as in beer I believe).  However, every time I've tried to run
GBrowse with Strawberry Perl I've run into road blocks, so maybe it
has matured enough to try again.  At least it will be easy to do with
these free VMs.

Scott