[Bioperl-l] Problem in OMIM parser

neeti somaiya neetisomaiya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:54:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am downloading the OMIM genemap file from here :

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/repository/OMIM/

I was using the OMIMparser all these days to parse the genemap and omim.txt
files and get the relevant data, and it was working perfect, but today
suddenly I got an exception at the following line of my code :

 my $omim_parser = Bio::Phenotype::OMIM::OMIMparser->new(-genemap  =>
$genemap,-omimtext => $omimtext);

The exception I got was :