[Bioperl-l] PullHSP bug

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Wed Dec 3 11:38:30 UTC 2008

Chris Fields wrote:
> The short and easy fix is either having get_nse() or blast_pull fall
> back to '', but both are technically wrong as there isn't a true ID.
> Ideas?  Maybe a fallback 'unknown' ID (which seems to be used as a ).

I'd say for now at least the fix would be to alter get_nse() to fall
back to ''. You don't want the work-around code duplicated in multiple
places. Indeed, the normal blast parser should be altered to return
undef as well.

Then if a more desirable solution is thought of in the future, there's
just one place to implement it: in get_nse().