[Bioperl-l] need help in parsing KEGG data

neeti somaiya neetisomaiya at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:45:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am fetching data from the ent gene file of KEGG which is available here :
ftp://ftp.genome.jp/pub/kegg/genes/organisms/hsa/H.sapiens.ent

I am using Bio::SeqIO with file format of type KEGG. I am trying to fetch
gene names and pathways in which they participate. I am getting the gene
names fine. But this method

"for my $pathway ( $seq->annotation->get_Annotations('pathway') ){
}"

does'nt seem to be working. I am not able to get the data of the pathways in
which the gene is involved.

Can someone please suggest how I can get the pathway data of genes from the
KEGG ent file??

Thanks.

--
-Neeti