[Bioperl-l] frac_* methods

Thiago Venancio thiago.venancio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:41:06 UTC 2007

Hi all,

This topic was discussed before, but I would like to put it on the list
again, maybe someone has an update.

The methods frac_identical, frac_conserved, frac_aligned_query and
frac_aligned_hit can also be used in the hit context, after HSP tilling. In
my point of view, it is better to use it just in HSPs individually, because
there are some rare/strange kinds of alignments. However, we frequently need
to get one measure of the whole alignment.

Any of the BioPerl masters has an update on this topic ? What is the best
current usage ?

Best.

Thiago

--
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
    Steve Jobs