[Bioperl-l] Remove sites of an alignment

Tristan Lefebure tnl7 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:44:17 UTC 2007

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a function to remove sites/columns of an
alignment. Something like: $aln->remove_sites(@sites_to_remove)
I looked around Bio::SimpleAlign but did not find exactly that. There is
remove_columns, but it works on 'match'|'weak'|'strong'|'mismatch' criteria.

I could recycle the '_remove_col' sub-function of 'remove_columns' to do so
(it splits the alignment into sequence objects, removes the sites, and then
regenerates an alignment object), but I would be surprised if there was
nothing already doing the job...

Thanks

-Tristan