[Bioperl-l] wikipedia-ers

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Sat Jan 20 14:59:53 UTC 2007

Mauricio Herrera Cuadra wrote:
> Good job Sendu! I say you can remove the {{Unreferenced|date=January
> 2007}} tag as long as most of the current content in the article has
> proper citations. As for the {{Notability|date=January 2007}} tag, it
> must remain there in order to encourage article growth. The same applies
> for the {{compu-soft-stub}} and {{bioinformatics-stub}} tags at the
> bottom of it.

I agree on the stubs, but the notability tag remaining to encourage
article growth? I don't think so: it has a specific meaning and no
longer applies after my changes - BioPerl has been shown to be 'notable'
thanks to the references I supplied. Indeed, if the tag remains the
whole article can be deleted, which hardly encourages growth!

In any case, I left a message for the person who originally added the
tags, so hopefully he'll remove them.