[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl]problem with E-value

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Wed Jan 17 16:29:47 UTC 2007

Chris Fields wrote:
> Is this a supported BLAST report (i.e. listed in Bio::SearchIO::blast
> POD)?  If so, could someone please file this as a bug along with an
> example report?  Or has this been fixed already?

No, it hasn't been fixed already. (I made a recent commit that just got
rid of the annoying error message.) Waiting to find out how the blast
report was created before taking any further action. It claims to be:

BLASTX 2.2.15 [Oct-15-2006]

Reference: Altschul, Stephen F., Thomas L. Madden, Alejandro A. Schaffer,
Jinghui Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Webb Miller, and David J. Lipman (1997),
"Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search
programs",  Nucleic Acids Res. 25:3389-3402.