[Bioperl-l] Taxon id null with load_seqdatabase.pl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Jan 14 17:17:21 UTC 2007

George, I presume you are still loading fasta-formatted files? These
do not have a syntax for parsing or figuring out the species, so
bioperl won't have one. If you somehow know the species/taxon, you
can use that same SeqProcessor module you created to also set the
species:

	$seq->species(Bio::Species->new(-classification=>[qw(thaliana
Arabidopsis)]));

Better yet, also add the NCBI taxon ID, which is the most effective
lookup:

	$seq->species(Bio::Species->new(
		-classification=>[qw(thaliana Arabidopsis)],
		-ncbi_taxid=>3702));

Hth,

	-hilmar