[Bioperl-l] Auto-method caller proposal

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 4 19:19:26 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>> I see your point; and for the sake of reducing ambiguity/increasing
>> clarity demanding unambiguous parameter names rather than
>> disambiguating
>> by the presence or absence of a leading dash is preferable I guess.
>>
>> Just should be clearly documented for module wrapper implementers;
>> also,
>> are we going to retrofit existing wrappers?
>
> I think a retrofit would be a good idea. I'm considering doing it
> myself
> at some point if there are no objections. But some time should pass
> between me committing the method and the retrofit to allow time for
> 'issues' to be discovered and resolved.

No time like the present!  This shouldn't affect any modules that
don't use your new RootI method (unless there is something I missed...).

One thing, though it's minor.  The get/setters in the bioperl-run
wrappers may return different values upon a set (i.e. the previously
set value or the passed value).  I have seen both get/setter types in
core, so my guess is run will also have the same.