[Bioperl-l] PMC and EUtilities, was bioperl::db

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 30 00:31:15 UTC 2007

There may be a way to limit the initial query to full text docs from
esearch, then use the history to retrieve only the XML docs you
want.  Is that what you mean?

BioPerl-based access to PMC is limited at best.  Bio::DB::EUtilities
only returns raw PMC XML with no post-processing of raw data (for
good reason, as EUtilities is meant to be an intermediate step).
Allen Day's Bio::DB::Biblio::eutils module supposedly allows PMC
queries.  I'm also pretty sure that PubMedXML != PMC XML, in other
words the Bio::Biblio XML format parsers may not work on PMC XML.

chris