[Bioperl-l] error while remote blast against swissprot db

DeeGee gdorjee at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 19:14:05 UTC 2007

hi
how do i check to see if i've installed the bioperl on my system properly. i
think i installed the bioperl-1.5.2_101 version, but i can't say for sure.
althought i can use some of the modules like Bio::SearchIO and
Bio::SearchIO, i can't seem to get the remote blast working for some reason.
is this something to do with the bioperl installation? i'm using perl v5.6.1
built for sun4-solaris-64int.
i tried to install the same bioperl version on my Linux machine which has
perl v5.8.5 built for i386-linux-thread-multi, and it seem to give me the
same problem with the remote blast.
your help would be much appreciated.
thanks