[Bioperl-l] Packaging bioperl for Fedora

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 17 15:13:30 UTC 2007

[...]

CF> Do you mean the bioperl core modules instead of "bioperl-live"?
CF> We use the term "bioperl-live" to designate code updated regularly
CF> via CVS, which can be buggy depending on when it's retrieved.

Yes, I am referring to the core package.  Called perl-bioperl in the
Fedora naming scheme.

CF> I'm not sure how others feel about this, but it's probably best to
CF> stick with either the latest official releases (v 1.5.2 at this
CF> time) or even GBrowse-sponsored interim releases (which fix
CF> GBrowse-related bugs and normally pass tests).

Yes I am sticking to the latest official release 1.5.2_102.  The
package is here:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/i386/repoview/perl-bioperl.html

and installable via yum (on the development branch) using:

$ yum install perl-bioperl

The FC-6 package will be available soon.

Alex