[Bioperl-l] ] moving tests to use Test::More

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 10 17:22:33 UTC 2007

When moving tests over be particularly careful of 'ok' tests which
should be 'is'; a few older tests have display messages which make
things tricky.  Use 'isa_ok', 'use_ok', 'require_ok', 'like', etc.
where appropriate.

Also, we are not supporting TODO blocks at this time due to the
upgrade needed for Test::Harness (which isn't necessary for BioPerl
functionality).  Just use a skip block with a message if you run into
something, like this (from RNA_SearchIO.t):

SKIP: {
     skip('Working on meta string building; TODO', 3);
     is($hsp->meta, 'blahblahblah', "HSP meta");
     # two more tests...
}

Thanks for helping out!

chris