[Bioperl-l] Mixed bless-ings with Bio::Seq/Bio::PrimarySeq (Bio::Seq::Meta::Array)

Michael Kiwala mkiwala at watson.wustl.edu
Thu Apr 5 19:11:22 UTC 2007

My vote is for SeqI.

I was using the SeqWithQuality class and more recently switched over to
Bio::Seq::Quality as we are upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5.2. The sequences
I'm working with are destined for GenBank and have features and quality
values. I've written a module (that I call GenBank::Tbl2Asn) that
accepts a Bio::Seq::Quality with features and runs tbl2asn on it to
produce a file that we send to GenBank. I don't know of any other class
that suites my needs better than Bio::Seq::Quality inheriting from
Bio::SeqI.