[Bioperl-l] installation bioperl

David Messina dmessina at wustl.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:19:51 UTC 2007

Hi Fahmi,

Please include the list on the reply so that others can comment, too.

Yes, it appears the machine you are installing on does not have an
internet connection. You probably will want to resolve that problem
before dealing with Bioperl. Alternatively, you could simply install
and use Bioperl  on the machine which does have an internet connection.

If you really need to get Bioperl installed on that machine, however,
probably the easiest way would be to find a machine that does have an
internet connection, install CPAN::Mini, and use it to make a local
mirror of CPAN. You could then copy that local mirror over to the
machine without the internet connection and point that machine's cpan
at the local mirror (read the CPAN documentation to find out how to
do this). Also, the BioPerl install instructions list several
external packages that you will need to use some parts of Bioperl
(e.g. GD). Again, you can download those distributions using the
machine with the internet connection and copy them over.

Dave