[Bioperl-l] Odd spamming on bioperl wiki

Mauricio Herrera Cuadra arareko at campus.iztacala.unam.mx
Thu Apr 12 21:30:34 UTC 2007

The chance of having white lists exists but as far as I tested last
night, the captcha is working only at the Create Account pages, not at
the time of applying changes to wiki content (I tested as a regular user
and not as a wiki admin).

The idea at this moment is only to block automated methods for account
creation (bots). Registered users who haven't been blocked and/or have
confirmed their email wouldn't be bothered while adding/changing wiki
content.

Regards,
Mauricio.