[Bioperl-l] Bptutorial.pl removed

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 29 13:53:57 UTC 2006

Nathan, Brian,

Update the wiki page first, since that's the most current version.  I'll be
making edits this weekend to INSTALL and INSTALL.WIN to get them caught up
with the wikified versions.

I'll probably try switching over to using a perl MediaWiki converter but
most that I have seen are wiki2html or vice versa.  We could postprocess the
HTML using HTML::Strip, but I have had problems with wiki links and tables.
I had better luck using the elinks text web browser and dumping the output
to a text file, then hand-editing.  It textifies the tables and so on, so
for this release I'll probably use that.  If I can get something more
automated I'll add a script to the maintenance directory.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign