[Bioperl-l] WinXP test results

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Sep 25 18:02:23 UTC 2006

Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
> Here are test results for Bioperl 1.5.2-c on WinXP Pro SP2. In all
> cases, Perl, Bioperl and only known dependencies (and BerkeleyDB) from
> Makefile.Pl were newly installed.
>
> Running ActivePerl 5.8.8.819:
> Failed Test             Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t/BioDBSeqFeature_BDB.t               43   43 100.00%  1-43
> t/protgraph.t                         66   24  36.36%  10-13 20-21 26 33
> 36-37
>                                                        45 48-56 59-60 65-66
> 5 subtests skipped.
> Failed 2/238 test scripts, 99.16% okay. 67/12359 subtests failed, 99.46%
> okay.
>
> The BioDBSeqFeature tests are the same fails already reported by Chris,
> but I also get fails in t/protograph.t. Further details at the bottom of
> this e-mail.
>

> Running ActivePerl 5.6.1:
> Trying to get Bioperl installed on ActivePerl 5.6.1 is a total pain
> (which I still failed to do, even after a few days of trying). There are
> several reasons, a few dependencies (and more than a few dependencies of
> Bioperl dependencies) for which there are no PPD's for Perl 5.6 to
> install via PPM. Installing via CPAN, didn't work for me since nmake
> dies with many test suites. Therfore, we should probably recommend
> ActivePerl 5.8 for Windows.

Thanks Nathan. I think what I'll do is say that Bio::Graph* is
deprecated with this release and simply drop t/protgraph.t. Nonetheless,
is it possible for you to require Class::AutoClass 1.01 for Bio::Graph*?

Is everyone happy with saying the perl requirements are 5.6.1 for all
platforms except WindowsXP, which needs ActivePerl 5.8+?

In that case, how close are install-related things (Makefile.PL, PPDs et
al.) to being ready?

I think the Bio::DB::SeqFeature failures are sufficient to delay RC1
however. Sorry, I had forgotten about them. Chris/Nathan, are you
looking into it? Shall I take a look as well?

I'll push back RC1 a week to October 2nd.