[Bioperl-l] Package status for 1.5.2

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 12:30:01 UTC 2006

On Sep 24, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> DB
> --
> Test suite passes first time, but subsequently warnings and failures
> seem to arrise due to things stored in DB by test scritps not being
> removed from DB (even though the test script tries to).

This most likely means you are testing against a MySQL database and
you do not have innodb enabled (and hence have no transactions).
(Note: once you do get InnoDB enabled you will have to recreate the
schema. Note also that MySQL does not tell you when it silently
converts the InnoDB table handler to the MyISAM table handler because
the former one isn't fully enabled.)

> eg. perl t/04swiss.t
> 1..52
> ok 1
> [...]
> ok 51
> not ok 52
> # Test 52 got: <UNDEF> (t/04swiss.t at line 119)
> #    Expected: '1'
>
> This may be a problem particular to me.
>
> Conclusion: ??, do we even want a unified release with this
> (haven't in
> the past)?

We have not in the past but in general I think it would be desirable.
There is an outstanding bug I have to investigate (it is not tested
for yet) but that would only prevent a 1.6 co-release, not really 1.5.2.

	-hilmar