[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Glimmer

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Sep 20 15:09:04 UTC 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 9:13 PM, Torsten Seemann wrote:

> I'm not sure whether to
>
> 1. parse them all under the same module, perhaps with a
> -format=>'glimmerXXX' parameter
>
> 2. create a single new module  Glimmer2 and Glimmer3
>
> 3. create two new modules, one for Glimmer2 and one for Glimmer3,
> given
> they are different outputs both in syntax and number of output files
>
> Any advice from Bioperl 'old timers' appreciated ;-)

If at all possible I'd favor 1), with e.g. Bio::Tools::GFF being an
example for how this can work.

If this would amount to basically 4 modules stringed together into
one file (because the parsing code can't share much if anything
between the flavors), it'd still be advantageous to have a single
frontend module that would then dispatch.

	-hilmar