[Bioperl-l] generate ptt file from Genbank file

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon Sep 18 21:15:02 UTC 2006

Rafi,

 >> my $gbk = Bio::SeqIO->new(-fh=>\*STDIN, -format=>'genbank');

> I tried to use your script but it just remains at the new line after
> giving the gbk input file.
> Is there anything I need to do more with the script.

It takes input to STDIN. Try running it as:

	genbank_to_ptt.pl < infile.gbk > outfile.ptt

Or, alternatively, you could modify the script to use ARGV rather than
STDIN.

--
Dr Torsten Seemann               http://www.vicbioinformatics.com
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia