[Bioperl-l] A failure to fetch a sequence

smarkel at scitegic.com smarkel at scitegic.com
Wed Sep 13 22:14:59 UTC 2006

We just had a customer report this today.  It looks like the URL
used by BioPerl no longer results in the sequence data being returned.

Our test case is

GET
http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?retmode=text&rett
ype=gbwithparts&db=nucleotide&tool=bioperl&id=X61622&retstart=0&usehistory
=n

The response ends with no sequence data:

ORIGIN
//

Changing the rettype to "gb" doesn't change the result.  Using a
rettype of "fasta" does return the correct FASTA entry.

Our regressions ran fine last night, so it looks like the change
was today at NCBI.

Scott

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at scitegic.com
SciTegic Inc.                       mobile: +1 858 205 3653
10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100      voice:  +1 858 799 5603
San Diego, CA 92121                 fax:    +1 858 279 8804
USA                                 web:    http://www.scitegic.com