[Bioperl-l] drawing chromosome ideograms

Richard Birnie R.Birnie at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 12 10:37:52 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Are their any tools in bioperl to generate chromosome ideograms for visualising CGH data? I did find an old thread (2003) in the mailing list describing someone attempting to do this in Gbrowse and the mention of a module called ideogram.pm. I had a look at Gbrowse and I'm not sure I need that level of complexity, I just need to produce a simple static PNG or JPG for reports/slides. Although if this is the only way then I'll give it a go. I couldn't find any further mention of ideogram.pm anywhere, is this part of GBrowse? I also found a mention of a glyph in Bio::Graphics for this type of thing but I can't find it again now.

Essentially I'm looking for some pointers to what is possible in this area. If this can't be done in bioperl does anyone know of any other tools (preferably free) that can do this type of thing.

regards,
Richard

Dr Richard Birnie
Scientific Officer