[Bioperl-l] Bptutorial.pl removed

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:51:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am somewhat surprised about the "no respsonse".
I remember that you prosposed to discontinue adding bptutorial.pl to
the distribution and I remember saying that I actually like that
bptutorial.pl is in the distribution, both for the tutorial and the
code examples (esp since i do not have 24/7 internet access ;-)
Anyway, in statistics of large numbers 1 == 0 :))

However, it looks like extra work to keep different versions in sync.
Actually, it is also nice to have one document that one can browse
through instead of only HOWTOs and FAQs. By the way, I noticed that in
1.5.0 there were FAQq in PDF and HTML format and those were absent in
the CVS tarball I downloaded 2 weeks ago. Was this intended?

I also think, like Torsten that it is good to have FAQ, tutorial and
HOWTOs in the package.

best regards,
bernd