[Bioperl-l] Bioperl tests: Test, Test::Simple, Test::More?

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Sun Sep 3 02:32:35 UTC 2006

Chris Fields wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions for a test suite other than the regular ol'
> Test.pm?  I would like something that's a bit more flexible for Bioperl but
> won't require a ton of revisions for current tests.

I notice that BioPerl still comes bundled with t/Test.pm 1.15 and most of the
t/*.t test scripts have a BEGIN block which loads the bundled one if a local
copy doesn't exist.

Is this still necessary?

I think Test.pm has been part of the core Perl distribution since 5.6 (happy to
be corrected - it's in "man perltoc" if you have 5.6 installed), and
Test::Simple and Test::More are standard in Perl 5.8.

What is the minimum Perl version required for bioperl-live?

--
Torsten Seemann
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia