[Bioperl-l] Bug reports and attachments

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 10 15:20:55 UTC 2006

> Also, "bug writing guidelines" makes no mention of it. I vaguely
> remembered there being some method to do it--but given the "bug writing
> guidelines" exhortations to be specific and detailed, I thought I must
> put the information somewhere. So I put them them the only place offered
> (on that page)--"Description:"
>     I see that, once submitted, attachments can be added to a bug
> report. Is that normally how it is done? Doesn't each attachment result
> in a separate email to the bioperl guts email list?
>     Anyway,  I've just added the files to the bug report as attachments,
> in case someone needs them to construct a test.

Phillip,

Initial bug reports only require the general description, OS used, bioperl
version, etc.  That's quite normal.  Any relevant attachments are added
afterward.  We should probably make that clearer upfront on the wiki page; I
don't know if anyone can make similar changes to bugzilla.

Any bug changes, CVS commits, etc are mailed to bioperl-guts, yes.  That
isn't an issue though; it keeps the developers updated on the various
bugs/commits that are going on and is a pretty common practice.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign