[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db question

gang wu gwu at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 21 20:33:10 UTC 2006

Hi Hilmar,

I just rebuilt the Oracle BioSQL database by strictly following the
INSTALL doc. You are right that BS-create-Biosql-API.sql must be run to
make bioperl-db work with it(the oid columns). But my installation
problem was caused by running BS-create-Biosql-API2.sql after it, which
rendered the database not compatible with bioperl-db. If I ran only
BS-create-Biosql-API.sql, ll bioperl-db tests could pass. Does this mean
that the Oracle version is not interoperable between the Bio- projects
at this point?

Did I miss anything in the INSTALL or README? I only saw a line "-- all
others (Biojava, etc)" but did not realize I could not run both
BS-create-Biosql-API.sql and BS-create-Biosql-API2.sql. I this is the
case, can you please add it to the docs?

Thanks very much for your help.

Gang