[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db question

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Nov 21 19:33:11 UTC 2006

The Oracle error is

ORA-00904: "BIODATABASE"."OID": invalid identifier

and if you look at the accompanying statement, it's the UK select
statement:

SELECT <*>biodatabase.oid, biodatabase.name,
biodatabase.authority FROM biodatabase WHERE name = :p1

The column OID must exist in the Biodatabase table (which actually is
a synonym to the SG_BIODATABASE table), if it is the Oracle schema.

This actually prompts another suggestion, sorry for not asking that
first: did you actually install the BioSQL-API on top of the schema
by running the script BS-create-Biosql-API.sql? (It seems that the
statement it chokes on is also the first statement being prepared, so
this may well be the reason)

	-hilmar

On Nov 21, 2006, at 3:11 AM, gang wu wrote:

> Can you show me where it indicates I am actually using the MySQL
> schema.
> I am pretty sure that I used the sql script files from
> sql/biosql-ora(Has anyone actually tried to install MySQL schema on
> Oracle?). I can reinstall the schema if you think that's the way to
> solve the problem.  Thanks very much.
>
> Gang
>
> Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>> It looks like you are using the MySQL schema under Oracle. There are
>> different DDL scripts for each supported RDBMS. The ones for Oracle
>> are in the sql/biosql-ora subdirectory. Note the INSTALL document in
>> that directory.
>>
>> 	-hilmar
>>

>> On Nov 20, 2006, at 1:16 PM, gang wu wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Hilmar,
>>>
>>> Below is the output. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Gang
>>> [root at elegans bioperl-db-1.5.2-RC3]# export HARNESS_VERBOSE=1
>>> [root at elegans bioperl-db-1.5.2-RC3]# make test_01dbadaptor
>>> TEST_VERBOSE=1
>>> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/lib64/