[Bioperl-l] Budle::BioPerl dependency issues

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Sun Nov 19 15:51:55 UTC 2006

gang wu wrote:
> It turned out that most of the modules of BioPerl were not installed at
> all. And none of the scripts were installed. I had to download and
> install bioperl-1.5.2-RC3.tar.gz
> <http://bioperl.org/DIST/bioperl-1.5.2-RC3.tar.gz> again. A similar
> problem when installing bioperl-db-1.5.2-RC3.tar.gz. So I manually
> copied all stuff under Bio folder to the corresponding Perl library
> folder. Is it Ok to do it in this way?

It will work, but is hardly good enough from our point of view (you
shouldn't have to do that).

Can you tell me exactly what you mean by 'were not installed'? What did
you do to try and install? How did you determine that installation had
failed?

With CPAN, if you were still getting errors during testing, what were
those remaining errors, and did you do a forced install to ignore the
errors? If a forced install didn't actually install anything, what
message did CPAN give you about that, if any?

With the manual download, after doing "perl Makefile.PL", what is your
output of "make install"?

Thank you,
Sendu.