[Bioperl-l] No more Makefile.PL (MakeMaker -> Module::Build)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 15 20:52:23 UTC 2006

All tests pass for WinXP.  If anyone wants to install from CVS using WinXP
we'll need to get them to install Module::Build, as it doesn't come standard
with ActivePerl (although a PPM is available).  I'm guessing make/nmake is
still required, though not explicitly.

One oddity I noticed is if you use:

perl Build.PL
Build

On Mac it manifies the POD; on WinXP it manify's and HTMLifies the POD.  No
idea why there is a difference between the two.  I would suggest that we
make this optional, though; not everybody wants the HTML/man pages.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign