[Bioperl-l] Deobfuscator interface now available

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Tue May 16 06:06:19 UTC 2006

On May 15, 2006, at 9:34 PM, David Messina wrote:

>>> As the compromise it must be, I like the way it behaves. I don't like
>>> lots of windows. I especially don't like pop up windows. Right now
>>> when
>>> I'm using the bioperl docs I tend to have a whole bunch of tabs
>>> open to
>>> different class pages at once, so being able to see an overview
>>> all on
>>> one page in Deobfuscator is very nice.
>
> I think the current behavior makes sense as the default, but I like
> the idea of being able to view the search results in a separate
> window for easier browsing. Thanks for the suggestion; I'll add it to
> the list.

First, thanks for this very useful Web interface!

There are examples (quite ajaxian ones) that reach a compromise between
several windows for easily browsing large results, and composing
everything in one window to get an overview - the 2 examples that come
in my mind currently are (not biology related):
	- http://montreal.mspace.fm/chi/sched/
	- http://www.live.com/
		(see the slider on the top right enabling to squeeze or enlarge the
results area)

--
Catherine Letondal -- Institut Pasteur