[Bioperl-l] error loading uniprot release 49.6 into mysql

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon May 15 16:59:06 UTC 2006

You found the right instance. Unfortunately with the way the bioperl
swissprot parser works the group (RG) isn't promoted to author if
there is no author in addition (in fact you may debate whether that
would even be the best way of doing things), so it doesn't find it on
second occurrence by unique key.

If you can live without this entry, or any other entry that causes a
hiccup, just supply the flag --safe and it will gracefully move on to
the next entry.

Fixing the issue would require either to fix the bioperl swissprot
parser (or Bio::Annotation::Reference) to stick the RG group into the
author slot if there is no author, or to fix Bioperl
Bio::Annotation::Reference to also feature a group and biosql to use
it in place of a missing author.

Actually there is $reference->rg. Maybe Bioperl-db (and hence Biosql)
should just use that in place of a missing author?

The downside is that upon round-tripping an entry, the RG annotation
line will become an RA annotation line. How bad would that be?

Any thoughts from anyone?

	-hilmar