[Bioperl-l] no revcom method in Bio::Seq module?

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Sun May 14 18:08:49 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much. But could you please give me the
link for this syntax: $seq->revcom->seq?

Li

--- Chris Fields <cjfields at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> This line should give you the hint:
>
> 	#revcom=Bio::Seq=HASH(0x10493304)
>
> You're getting an object ref here.  The actual way
> to get the rev. comp on
> the wiki states '$seq->revcom->seq', not
> '$seq->revcom'.
>
> When I ran your script and change your line to the
> wiki version I get (using
> my test seq):
>
> what attributes/keys are available:
> primary_id      =>      test,
> primary_seq     =>
> Bio::PrimarySeq=HASH(0x1d47fe0)
> primary_id=test,
>
> id=test,

revcom=GGAACGAGATCTCCATGCCGCGCACCATCGGCCCGGGATGCAGCACGATCGCGCGGTCCGGCAGCATCG
> CCTGGCGCTTCTCGGACAATCCGTAGCGCACCGAGTACTCACGCGCGGA

CGGGAAGAAACTGCCGTTCATGCGTTCGGCCTGCACGCGCAGCATGAGCACCGCGTCGGCCGCGGGCAGTTCGGCG
> TCCAGGTCATAGGACACGGTCACCGGCCAGTTCTCGACGCCCCTGGGGA

GCAGCGTCGGTGGGGACACCAGCACCACCTCGGCCCCGAGGGTGTGCAGCAGCGTCACGTTGGAGCGGGCCACGCG