[Bioperl-l] question about revision 1.17 of Bio::Index::AbstractSeq.pm

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 23 01:58:02 UTC 2006

Does this have anything to do with older versions of ActivePerl on
Windows?  I remember seeing something once quite a while back on a
DB_File bug that was win32-related so I did some searching, but I
believe that has been fixed in more recent ActivePerl distributions.
Nathan's fix was probably commented out for newer versions of
ActivePerl.

The original bug fix looks like it was intended as a workaround for
an older DB_File issue in early versions of ActivePerl 5.6 (rev.
1.15, Jason's original fix whic adds this line, reads "workaround for
problems with Windows and indexing files - important that latest
DB_File is installed").   That was over four years ago and dates to
around the time ActivePerl was having some issues with DB_File.
ActivePerl DB_File should be working fine now.  Is it possible that
your ActivePerl version is an older v. 5.6 and has an older, possibly
buggy DB_File?

Chris