[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::BioDB - insert failed. Dupllicate entry ''for key 2?

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Sun Mar 5 20:39:41 UTC 2006

This is odd. The name of the namespace is missing, it should read
'bioperl'.
Have you tried explicitely setting the namespace ?

my $db = Bio::DB::BioDB->new(
        -database   => "biosql",
        -host       => 'localhost',
        -port       => 3306,
        -dbname     => 'BIOSQL', # not sure, but changed it anyhow
        -driver     => 'mysql',
        -user       => 'dbastola',
        -pass       => '-----------',
);

my $file =
"/home/dbastola/genbankSequences/GBVRL/gbvrl_2006_Jan/GB_Sequences/gbvrl
1.seq";
my $infile  = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => $file,  -format => 'GenBank');

my $seq = $infile->next_seq();

#set namespace explicitely
$seq->namespace('VIRUS');
my $species = $seq->species;
print join " | ", $species->classification; print "\n";

my $pseq = $db->create_persistent($seq);
$pseq->create() or die "create failed";
$pseq->commit;
exit;

If you execute your select statement again, you should see VIRUS
appearing in the name field.
Don't forget to set the namespace as well in your lookup script.

HTH,
Marc