[Bioperl-l] Bio::*Taxonomy* changes (Chris Fields)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 28 14:35:21 UTC 2006

> use Bio::DB::Taxonomy;

<SNIPPED OUT GOOD CODE FOR BREVITY>

> I've also written a method to merge the full lineages of a set of
> Bio::Taxonomy::Node object into a Bio::Tree::Tree object. I'd be glad
> to contribute it as well, but I'm not sure where it would fit.

Ah, that would be great (I had mentioned something along these lines to do
with BLAST reports).  But does this actually use Bio::Taxonomy directly?
Taxonomy::Node does not inherit methods from Bio::Taxonomy AFAIK.  So,
anything that Sendu does may not dramatically impact your code.  Sendu?

You might need to address some of this to Sendu.  Big changes are afoot for
Bio::Taxonomy and Bio::Taxonomy::Node.  He's heading that up.

Chris