[Bioperl-l] new website launched

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Fri Jan 27 13:28:52 UTC 2006

Each module is directly linked to that site in the module-level
pages, see for example:
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::SearchIO

I've added a mention of the doc.bioperl site on the front page.

Note that as part of setting up the site I insured that there is now
a standardized URL for the nightly generated Pdoc pages (from CVS
live) (thanks to Steve Chervitz for suggesting it).

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-live/
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-run/
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-ext/
....etc

The frozen release-based docs will continue to stay up - I never had
time to make one for the bioperl-1.5.1 but hopefully will do it for
bioperl 1.5.2 and obviously will make it for the next stable release
(1.6).

We encourage people to add snippets of code using modules,
complaints, workarounds, etc on the module pages on the wiki site.
There is a "discussion" paired for each wiki page where we would
suggest people put comments, while useful workarounds/example code
should go on the main page.  I've just added some text about this to
the "About this site" page.

-jason