[Bioperl-l] PPM files for bioperl, bioperl-db

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 5 15:27:41 EST 2006

I have been toying around with creating PPM archives (Perl 5.8) for
Activestate Perl on WinXP and managed to get PPMs for bioperl-live and
bioperl-db installed through PPM3.  I haven't tested them out yet, but I'm
trying to gauge the interest in maybe making them available for use with
somewhat regular updates (weekly or monthly).

Also, the dependencies listed for bioperl included the following:

DB-File
File-Spec
File-Temp
IO-String
HTML-Entities
IO-Scalar

All but HTML=Entities and IO-Scalar are available for Win32.  Anyone know
what the missing modules are used for?

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry