[Bioperl-l] Primer maps?

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Thu Feb 16 15:47:13 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,
Another route you might take is mapping your primers into
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic objects and add them to the seq object. Then
you dump the object into a rich sequence format like genbank and pass
that to EMBOSS's showseq application
Or you might do it completely with showseq. Here the only thing you need
is an annotation file containing the positions of the primers, followed
by any text (e.g. primer name).
Then you do:
showseq  <your seq file> -translate <cds_start>-<cds_stop> -format 4
-annotation <your_primer_file>
Have a look at http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/showseq.html for more
options

HTH,
Marc

Marc Logghe, PhD
Expert Scientist Bioinformatics
deVGen NV
Technologiepark 30
B - 9052 Ghent-Zwijnaarde
Tel. +32 9 324 24 83
Fax. +32 9 324 24 25
Web: www.devgen.com

 --- Disclaimer start ---
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or which is proprietary to the sender. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments thereto, as well as any and all
information contained therein, are intended for the sole use of the
recipient or recipients designated above. Any use of this e-mail, of any
attachments thereto, of any and all information contained therein,
and/or of any part(s) thereof (including, without limitation, total or
partial reproduction, communication and/or distribution in any form) by
persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your cooperation.
--- Disclaimer end ---