[Bioperl-l] Tool to mutate DNA sequence

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Thu Feb 9 11:31:20 UTC 2006

Ryan,

Instructions in pseudo code:

take the sequence string out of the object
use a hash to store changed locations
repeat
    pick a location in the string randomly
    if the location is not in a hash , i.e. changed already,
        change it into something else
    add the changed location into the hash
    if enough locations have been changed (scalar keys hash), exit loop
put the sequence string back into the seq object

   -Heikki