[Bioperl-l] Documentation in the Bioperl package

Brian Osborne osborne1 at optonline.net
Fri Feb 3 18:05:44 UTC 2006

bioperl-l,

The recent work on the Bioperl Wiki moved much of the Bioperl documentation
online. Since we cannot maintain 2 locations for all of this we¹ll be
removing a number of files from the package, specifically:

biodatabases.pod
biodesign.pod
bioperl.pod
bioscripts.pod
doc/howto/*
doc/faq/*

Rest assured that all of these files have been gone over in detail to make
sure that no important information was lost during the migration. All of
this will be replaced by a single file, such as ³README.docs², that explains
where all the documentation is. It¹s not entirely clear what will happen to
bptutorial.pl. Moving its content to different online locations is possible
but in this case we loose its functionality as a script.

Are there any comments or questions or concerns?

Brian O.