[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlast->blastall array of Bio::Seq objects

Andrew Stewart stewarta at nmrc.navy.mil
Thu Dec 14 01:06:14 UTC 2006

I am trying to StandAloneBlast->blastall an array or Bio::Seq
objects.  The documentation claims that blastall can be passed a file
name, a Bio::Seq object, or an array of Bio::Seq objects, while the
usage suggests that a reference to an array of Bio::Seq objects is
what must be passed to blastall.

(from http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-live/
Bio/Tools/Run/StandAloneBlast.html#POD5)
Usage:
	$seq_array_ref = \@seq_array;  # where @seq_array is an array of
Bio::Seq objects
	$blast_report = $factory->blastall(\@seq_array);

Should this be...
$report = $factory->blastall(@seq_array);
or
$report = $factory->blastall(\@seq_array);
???

And if you are blastall'ing an array of Seq objects, then does
blastall just return one big blast report or should I be expecting an
array of blast reports?

I've tried $report = $factory->blastall(@seq_array); which seems to
work ok, except that when I process the results, there are only
results for the first Seq object in the array.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stewart
Research Assistant, Genomics Team