[Bioperl-l] Database Retrieval

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 8 21:13:40 UTC 2006

Sendu,

As Sean and I both point out, we have time constraints during that period.
We do have other priorities outside of Bioperl, as do most other bioperl
contributors.  I'm glad that you have a lot of time to dedicate here;
Bioperl needs it.  But don't let that ambition drive away others who want to
help.  This is a community project; don't forget that.

My opinion: let Sean handle this for now.  You have plenty on your plate as
it is.  Besides the huge Taxonomy issues to worry about, there is also the
issue of a new developer point release that either you or I will likely be
heading up.  Let that be your main focus at this point.  Sean can handle
getting the basics going, then he'll likely ask for help when it comes time
to get data into the right objects.

Chris