[Bioperl-l] Database Retrieval

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 7 16:54:12 UTC 2006

On 8/7/06 12:24 PM, "Chris Fields" <cjfields at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> This was brought up previously:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general/11808/
> match=ucsc
>
> Would be nice to get something up and running here, even if it just
> returned raw data (not objects).  The more access the better.

Sorry, Chris.  I probably sound like a broken record--UCSC, UCSC, UCSC....

As I hinted at in the last email, simple Rose::DB::Object (my preference,
faster) or DBIx::Class based classes could be set up for the various tables
of interest, with the possibility of adding functionality by simply adding
methods to the generic ORM classes.  This would be relatively quick to
develop I would think and pretty easy to maintain.  If I get a chance in the
next few days, I can put together a quick set of classes for accessing some
of the common tables.

Sean