[Bioperl-l] install DBD::mysql, can't execute mysql_config

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:31:57 UTC 2006

Hi, netters,

recently i've been trying to install the perl package of DBD::mysql, 'cause
I need this to use ensembl bioperl API.
according to the installation file of DBD::mysql, I have to install mysql
first. so i download the binary mysql file and unpack it into /home/mysql.

when i tried to do make file for DBD::mysql, it alwayse said: can't find
file mysql_config.  actually i found the file mysql_config under the
directory /home/mysql/bin, so i added the full path to the PATH enviroment.
yet the setup file of DBD::mysql still kept reporting that it can't find
mysql_config.

does anyone have a clue about this?