[Bioperl-l] RSS feed weirdness from the wiki

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 24 17:58:46 UTC 2006

Jason,

I'm getting this error when trying the rss feed from the "Recent Changes"
page on the wiki using Firefox 1.5.0.2.  It looks like FireFox doesn't like
the extra empty line before the xml declaration, which is a common problem
apparently from checking (Googled it).  I think this may be a Firefox issue
with RSS feeds as I don't see it on (ick) IE on Windows.  Haven't tried with
Safari yet.

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location:
http://www.bioperl.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
Line Number 2, Column 1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>