[Bioperl-l] RC3 candidates

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Sep 30 12:27:02 EDT 2005

I'm sympathetic to your point - my only concern is that people get to
believe that both packages have the same degree of maturity, in terms
of time it's been around, level of documentation, mutual coverage etc.

This is what is different from the mysql-* packages, which get broken
out from the same codebase I suppose.

Having said that, bioperl-db isn't really premature anymore. There's
plenty of tests, and I use it on a pretty frequent basis without
problems. The main deficiency is documentation of the more advanced
usage for object-level querying (and that's where there are bugs too).
So I'm ok with seeing my concern overridden if people think that the
benefits of a consistent release numbering across the board outweighs
the risk of possibly false expectations w.r.t. documentation.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org