[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db and MySQL

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 20:20:49 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I want to install bioperl-db on my windows XP with
ActivePerl.  I read the HOWTOs about installing(
http://cvs.biomoby.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/bioperl-db/docs/HOWTO-MySQL.html).
But I failed to do the nmake test. Then I read the
HOWTOs again, which points out that install will fail
if the DBD:: and DBI::Mysql modules cannot be found.

On my PC MySQL, Perl, and Bioperl-db are kept in
different directory. I use PPM to install DBD::Mysql
and DBI::Mysql. I install MySQL using binary code. My
question: Where should I keep the Bioperl-db including
bioperl-schema so that installation will succeed?

Thanks,

Li